Friday, September 15, 2017

Prayer pillow from clothing

Here's another idea for ways to use a loved one's clothing!

The front of this pillow includes the black tank top and pocket from my favorite pair of jeans - both of which I wore that first day in the hospital. All of the other pieces are from Izzy's clothes. I can remember where she wore each piece! For stuffing, I filled the inside with sleepwear.

In the front pocket I keep a little notebook and I made a holder for my favorite pen.

This prayer pillow isn't perfect by any means - mismatched stitches, uneven sides - but it gives me something to hold onto when my arms long to hold her.

Check out the other ideas for clothing that were previously posted!

View the book trailer for Amy Lyon's book, "Only God Knows Why: A Mother's Memoir of Death and Rebirth"



No comments:

Post a Comment