Saturday, March 9, 2013

Charming: Close to my heart

I am absolutely IN LOVE with my new photo charm. I have an important event coming up next weekend - the Mrs. Minnesota International Pageant - and I wanted to find a way to keep Isabelle close to my heart since she is the inspiration for this venture and at the center of my platform.

A dear friend suggested a photo charm to hang from a necklace and I knew in my heart that this small token would give me the huge emotional boost I needed.
I went on a hunt that night. I found this Brighton charm and I knew it was *perfect*!

I already had the silver necklace - a gift from my mother - and the charm slid right on. It's a solid charm with a small piece of plastic over the photo space, and comes with a super tiny screw driver to undo the screws in the back. On the back, in the center, there's a small heart that sealed the deal for me!

The photo size is approximately 1/2-inch square. I decided on my favorite picture of Isabelle, resized it to 1/2-inch and printed it on my home printer.

*My Favorite* Pebble Photo Charm ($24)

Here are a few others that I considered.
Maybe you'll find one that's perfect for you!
Things Remembered Baby Block Photo Frame ($20)
Memento Heart Photo Necklace ($52)
Memento Circle Photo Frame ($30)
Memento Square Charm ($30)

* Also, doing a search on Etsy.com turns up some incredible one-of-a-kind pieces made by talented artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment