Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Most important star in my universe

Today would be Isabelle’s 5th birthday. Venus is situated in our western night sky just above Jupiter, and to the north of the Aries constellation. I'm not an expert on the cosmos; I only know this because of the "Night Sky" app my husband has on his iPhone.

What’s most thrilling to me about the current alignment of the stars is that I know Isabelle’s star is somewhere in that Aries constellation, and I am eager to track down a friend with a telescope that can help me zero in on the exact star.

On her first birthday, we had a Celebration of Life event and were given several beautiful gifts in our daughter’s memory. One of those gifts included plaques identifying the star that our family named in her memory through the International Star Registry.

It’s a fantastically unique gift that brings me joy each time I look at the plaques on the wall and think of the love that went into the purchase. Of course, Isabelle’s star isn’t “officially” recognized by the scientific community, but that doesn’t diminish its importance in my universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment